Wooden cutting boards are beautiful and, if cared for properly, can last a lifetime.
- NEVER put your cutting board in the dishwasher! The high heat can damage your board.
- Scrub with warm, soapy water and wipe off any excess water from the surface and allow it to air dry.
- Do not leave any part of your board submerged in water.
- You can use coarse kosher salt and lemon to clean wooden cutting boards. First liberally spread the coarse salt over the board. Take have half a lemon and squeeze the juice over the board. Lastly taking the spent lemon scrub the board in a circular motion ensuring to scour the entire cutting surface.
- To keep your board looking vibrant and prevent excess wear, it will need to be replenished every 1 to 4 months based on the amount of use the board sees. For boards with heavy use, replenish with mineral oil every month. For boards with minimal use, replenish with mineral oil every 4 months.